Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How Americans Communicate




Answer the following questions in your comments.

1.What are the characters' names?


2.How long do you think they know eachother?


3. Is it appropriate to greet your friends this way in your culture?








1. What is the man trying to tell the woman?

2. What do you think they will decide?

3. Is this situation similar to what happens in your country?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. This is a trial message just to test the program.

Anonymous said...

1. the characters' names are Judy and Turk.
2. I think for along time, may be more than 5 years.
3. No, I don't think so.

1. He tries to ask her to marry.
2. I think they will decide to agree.
3. Of course not. because I am a Muslim so no meeting with guys before married.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am Sophia.

1. Their name are Turk and Judy.
2. I think for long times, because they are best friends.
3. If they are best friends, that's OK. But when we meet someone frist time, just shake hands.

1. He tries to break up with her.
2. He is understanding and to agree to her.
3. OK!!!! We can in my country.

Thank you. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm Jieun.

1. They are Turk and Judy.
2. For a long time, they seem a great friend.
3. No, their action is too much.

1. He tries to break up.
2. She agrees to break up. So maybe they decide to break up.
3. Yes, a lot of people do that.

Anonymous said...

hi, I am sanghee.

1. the character's names are Turk and Jamie.
2. I think, they know each other for a long time. at least, more than 10 years.
3. Well..I think, it is different from each of their case. But I greet with my old close friend in this way.

1. He tries to break up with her.
2. He tries to make she understand break up, and they break up.
3. Yes, I think so.

Anonymous said...

1.What are the characters' names?
-> I couldn't listen to their names in detail. Maybe, It sounds like Chuck & Garry.

2.How long do you think they know eachother?
-> I think that they know each other for long time.

3. Is it appropriate to greet your friends this way in your culture?
-> Korean also express to greet. But Korean culture is not excessive than this way. So, I thought that they look like gay.


1. What is the man trying to tell the woman?
-> He is trying to break up. So, he is talking by indirect expression. But his girl friend doesn't understand his meaning. So, he is embarrassing by her.

2. What do you think they will decide?
-> Maybe, I think that they will not decide their breakup. Because his girl friend may not understand his meaning. So, he will make stuff to break up.

3. Is this situation similar to what happens in your country?
-> Yes, it is. In Korea, people who seem like his girl friend are called "Sa-o-jung".

Anonymous said...

1-Truk and jody.
2-For a long time.
3-Yes.
=========================
1-He tries to break up with her.
2-The girl not accept to break up.
3-No.

Best Regards,,
Thamer~

Anonymous said...

1. Their name are J,D and Turk.
2. I think they are best friends.
3. Sometimes, but not all the time.

1. He tries to break up with his girlfriend.
2. His girlfriend can't accept to break up.
She wants to work on his problem.
3. Sometimes, it depends on people.

DOHYUN LEE said...

1. Their name are J,D and Turk.
2. I think they are best friends.
3. Sometimes, but not all the time.

1. He tries to break up with his girlfriend.
2. His girlfriend can't accept to break up.
She wants to work on his problem.
3. Sometimes, it depends on people.

Anonymous said...

A
1- the characters names are Turk ad jine
2_ i think from medical school
3_ no we dont do same like this
B
1_ he tries to break up with her
2_ they will break up for a specific time
3_ we dont do reltionship before married

Anonymous said...

1. maybe, JD & Turk
2. I think they know each other for a
long times.
3. case by case, but many korean don't act them.

1. He want break up with her.
2. Maybe, as soon as they are break up.
3. sometimes.

sorry I'm confused submit date.
have a nice weekend:)

Anonymous said...

1.What are the character’s names?

Julk = turk , jeid = j.d

2.How long do you think they know each other?

I think they know each other for long time.

3.Is it appropriate to greet your friends this way in your culture?

No, my culture is just a handshake, slap high-fives or hug if he/she is best friend.


1.What is the man trying to tell the woman?

The man is trying to tell the woman splitting-up.

2.What do you think they will decide?

I think they will decide splitting up for some time.

3.Is the situation similar to what happens in your country?

The situation is not similar to this happens in my country that the woman breaks up with man first.

Anonymous said...

1. Their names are Turk & J.D.

2. I think they are friends from their childhoods.

3. No, it's not. In my cultur, we greet our friends by shaking hands & kissing cheeks.

-----------------

1. He is trying to end their relationship.

2. I think they will decide to stay with eachother for a while.

3. No, it's not. It's totally different.


AFiF.. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi, Baburhan! I'm Bob. It was good to see you today =)

1. They are J.D and Turk.
2. I think they have known each other for a long time.
3. There are actually this kind of friendship in my culture. However, they over react than people in my culture do.

1. He wants to break up with his girlfriend.
2. I think she will dump him.
3. Yes. However we don't say like that because the way he spoke is very rude.